Replacing your roof can seem like quite the daunting task. It’s not only a nerve-wracking decision financially, but also picking the right contractor, the roof you want, the steps you need to take, and so much more. There is so much importance behind taking all the proper precautions before starting a project of this scale.
Keep our checklist in mind when deciding on a new roof replacement:
1) Get Estimates. Keeping the financial aspect of this project in mind is obviously crucial – Get in touch with roofers from your area and get quotes from each of them. Consider each option and don’t agree with the cheapest option simply to save on money, but really evaluate their quality of work in order to get the most bang for your buck.
2) Schedule a consultation. Not only do you want your roofers to know everything there is to know about your roof, but they may discover that you just need a few repairs instead of a whole new roof. On the flip side, it allows them to evaluate their plan of motion for the project.
3) Evaluate Warranties. You want a quality roof that will last you a lifetime, so make sure to double check on the coverage that comes with your new roof. Unexpected events happen all the time, don’t allow yourself to fall into a situation in which you have to pay for another roof prematurely.
4) Educate Yourself. Read up on the newest tips and trends in the roofing industry; when you have an idea of what you want, the process moves along a lot smoother. Keep in mind the type of climate in which you live in and what kind of protection your roof needs from the elements.
5) Keep up on maintenance. Much like a trip to your doctor’s office, your roof needs routine check ups, especially if you live in an area with a harsher climate. This ensures that your family is protected from the elements and expands the life of your roof.
Now that you’ve made the decision that you need a new roof, or maybe it endured some serious damage that didn’t exactly give you a choice, your top priority should be hiring a professional to do the job for you. Choose a team that cleans up their mess, and one that will not stop until the job is done. Give the pros at All Seasons Roofing a call today for a free consultation on your next roofing project!